Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Near Perfect Day

Yesterday was an almost perfect day. I told Charlie at the end of the day that it would rank in my top 25 days of all time. Because of a bit of bad weather, we had a snow day off from school. This will probably turn out to be a furlough meaning we won't get paid, but the day was worth it.
We started out the day by sleeping late. Abigail even slept well to allow me a good night's sleep. Charlie make me chocolate chip pancakes which are one of my very favorite meals. The day was spent with the three of us just hanging out at home TOGETHER!! Pajamas were the attire of the day, for the entire day. I love to cook, but I don't have the opportunity to spend much time at it very often. Yesterday I was able to make beef stew and homeade bread. The bread made us a bit nervous because it looked bad, but it tasted great. The extra day off gave me the time to do some things I would like to do on the weekend, but don't ordianrily have the time for.
We didn't do anything special to make this a great day. Just having the time at home to spend wiht my two favorite people made so wonderful. The day ended with Charlie and me watching the first half of Harry Potter. Even with the extra rest, I was not able to stay awake for the whole thing. Ahhh a snow day... I highly recommend it.

Getting ready to go out and see her first snow

She wasn't too sure why we were making her lay in something cold and wet.

My little snow angel





No comments:

Post a Comment