Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Few Minutes of Lazy

I absolutely love summer time. I love family time, reading, being out of school, summer foods, pool time, etc. There is just so much fun to be had. Before school got out this year, I knew that this summer would be different than any other I have had before. There would not be opportunity for hours by the pool lounging with a book, staying up late with another good book then sleeping late, random naps at any moment. It's been a different type of summer already, but I am totally enjoying it. We've been pretty buys with comings and goings and having fun, but this morning I am taking a few minutes for lazy time. Abigail is taking her morning nap, which is usually her only nap. In stead of working out and rushing to get "stuff" done, I am chilling. I tried to take a nap on the couch, but sleep wouldn't come. Now I am just doing things that I want to do. Not things that NEED to be done. I'm still in jammies today. I'm uploading pictures to facebook, posting on the neglected blog, and about to go read in the sunshine. We are meant to be active. God didn't intend for us to spend all our time being idle or lazy.We are made to work and be active, but God also values rest. So right now, I am taking a minutes of lazy and enjoying them to the fullest. The chores will wait and I can be busy later today, but right now, it's a few stolen minutes for mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment