Friday, June 25, 2010

Father's Day Fun

This year was our first for Charlie to be a father on father's Day. We are big into gifts for holidays, but I did get up a cook breakfast before church. Abigail handed her daddy a card just from her that I only helped with a little. He had work Sunday night, so after church we rushed home to put him to bed.

Abigail and I headed to Chattanooga to meet my parents and my aunt to spend time with them. My dad hadn't seen Abigail in awhile, so it seemed like a great day for some family time. The kid was great and slept almost the whole way to meet them. That makes for an easy and happy drive.

We got there and all hugged in the parking lot of blazing heat. Since it was miserable. We decided to get in my parents' car to cool off. Abigail loved the attention and crawled all over everyone and laughed and talked. She was enjoying herself, and I believe her grandparents were too. Here comes the really fun part. It was time for her to eat, so I was going to switch to my car for a minute to feed her. I turned on the car to get it cooled off forgetting that the door all lock when the car is cranked. Ooops. I turned back to their car to get the baby and then turned back to realize that I had locked the car with the keys in it, running. I was mad. Last time I met my mom in Chattanooga, my battery went dead. This time, I locked the keys in the car.

This is why my dad is great. He saved the day. I may be an adult with a child now, but it's nice to have Dad to the rescue sometimes. He quickly whipped out his AAA card and had them on the way in just a few minutes. He even tipped the guy who came. BY the time the car was unlocked, I was able to laugh about it. We did have a good time just hanging out in the car and being together.

One thing about my parents is they are givers. Here I was trying to do a little focusing on them which I know doesn't happen enough, and they help me. They then took Abigail to Toys R Us and bought her too much for her birthday in a couple months. They are constantly focused on us and what we need and want. My parent's are huge blessings to us. It was wonderful to me to get to spend a little time with my parents on a day meant to celebrate Fathers. God blessed me with a truly great one that I feel honored to call Daddy (even at 29 years old). Here's a parking lot picture from our afternoon together.


No comments:

Post a Comment