Thursday, August 5, 2010

Complaining

This morning as I was running and preparing for the third day of this school year, a verse popped into my head. "Do everything without arguing or complaining." from Philipians 2:14. Well it kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. It says everything. It doesn't tell me not to complain when doing things I enjoy doing and then if I don't want to do something complain away. It says in everything. OUCH!! God put that one in my head here at the beginning of a school year to remind me to be his. Verse 15 goes on to say that we should do this to become blameless and pure children His. I know I want that part. We don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Bible we like or follow. God has asked us to follow it all. So since this verse came to me, I figure I need to tattoo it on my forehead so that I'll be reminded constantly. Well I probably won't be quite that drastic, but working on my complaining is now on the goal list for this year. If you are near me, feel free to call me out. (in a loving Christ-like way)

No comments:

Post a Comment