Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's been awhile...

School is off and running. Life has for sure kicked itself into overdrive as I once again try to find the balance in life as working out of the house mommy. I miss Abigail like crazy. The first week I was very brave. This week has been a bit harder. She's growing, changing, and learning so much. I miss lots of it and hurts. My heart still fears being forgotten. I guess that's every mother's fear though working or not. My sweet Abigail is happy and healthy and that is what's important. PLus I get the wonderful moment in the afternoon where she first sees me and totally lights up. It's pretty much the highlight of everyday. She'll be one next week, but that will have to be another post.





School is going well. We are having a much smoother time with this year's bunch. I'm working hard and enjoying my job. This year one of my major goals has been to have a good attitude. That's probably really helping. I might rather be at hoem with my baby, but I'm not. Therefore I must bloom where I am planted. School. God asks us to do everything to his glory. That's what I am trying to do. It's not easy every moment. Yesterday after fighting computers all day, I could have happily run away. Instead I chose to go back today, and it was a good day. God is blessing me through my job. I am surrounded by wonderful people. Enjoying my colleagues helps so much. Already we have many good conversations about life beyond school that have encouraged and challenged me.





Life is busy. Down time is not really part of my days. Last night on our way to church I breathed a big sigh. Charlie looked at me strangely, so I told him that I was enjoying my break. The drive to church served as my time to be still and relax.





Another accomplishment from the past few weeks is my new workout plan. I am getting up 3 days every week and running before school. Yes, 3 days a week is a small goal, but it's about all I can promise myself these days. If I made my goal to big, I would fail and quit. So far, I have met my goal for 3 weeks in a row. Other walks have been sprinkled through out the week too.





God is blessing me. My life is so full of good things. Here's a pic that will forever make me smile and will someday make Abigail cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment