Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back to the Working World

On Monday I return to the world of the working. I have been blessed to be home for the last twelve weeks with my sweet Abigail. Our time together has been priceless. The time has absolutely flown. She has grown and changed so much. Having had this precious time to be with her means the world to me. I treasure the moments and memories even those late at night. I thank God often for my sweet little girl.

Going back to work brings out many emotions and uncertainties. Most of all, I will just miss spending so much time with Abigail. I enjoy her company. I am blessed though, that Abigail will spend her time with her daddy and her Nana. She will always be with people who love her and want only good for life. I'm not worried about what some stranger will teach her or that she won't be loved and hugged. My little girl will have a great life.

Now as I go back to work, i have to figure out how to be a teacher and mom at the same time. I have been a teacher for 6 years. I have been a mom for 12 weeks. Starting Monday, I have to learn how they work together. Any working moms out there who have advice, I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck going back. I think that is one of the things I'm most anxious about. At least you've had 12 weeks with her and she's not going to be with a stranger everyday. Be strong, I'm sure that you will be fine!

    ReplyDelete