Saturday, November 7, 2009

I love fall!!!

I love the fall season. I seem to be noticing that more than ever this year. That might be due to the fact that I am not teaching right now. Yes, I am busy with a baby, but in a totally different way. Now I feel more like it's full rather than busy. I'm not sure that distinction makes much sense to anyone else. I'm not locked inside a classroom 8 hours each day. My heart is full to bursting with joy about my baby girl. I spend time taking walks and watching Abigail play on the floor, or even watch her sleep. I enjoy Charlie's days off when we get to spend time as a family of three. Maybe I just appreciate it more. Whatever the reason, fall makes me feel happy.

The weather is great. For those who know how cold I am, that might be surprising. I actually do like the chill in the eveing air. Something about it just makes me feel alive. The fall colors shout out God's glory to me. Charlie and I were talking about that earlier this year. For some reason, I appreciate God's creation more in this time of year. He has given us a beautiful world to enjoy.

The weather can also be described as football weather. Growing up, I would have never thought that football would be such a big part of my fall season. But alas, Saturdays find me dressed in red and black, cheering on the Bulldogs. I have really come to enjoy having a team. One of my concerns before Abigail was born was making sure she had a UGA outfit ready for her first game. She was well taken care of, and she had more than enough come opening day.

I greatly look forward to Thanksgiving coming up soon. Good food, good family time, a few more days away from school, My life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment