Monday, November 30, 2009

Turkey Time

I am very blessed. Over the past week or so, I have tried to compose my thanksgiving post to describe how blessed my life is. It's hard to put into words. My cup runneth over.

Last week we traveled to Tennessee to spend my break from school with my family. We had a great time. We spent time playing with my niece who was very excited to have so much family in one room. She almost didn't know what to do with herself when she arrived at her grandparents to find Abigail, Charlie and me. We took the two cousins to have their picture made with Santa. Madeline was not a fan, but Abigail wasn't fazed at all by the situation. She still likes to snuggle and isn't too picky about whose arms she rests in. Wednesday night was the famous popcorn party that my parents host every year for the last 15. Old friends and come over for big bowls of popcorn, various toppings, and all the soft drinks you could want. It's always a good time. My mom is a great hostess.

We spent Thanksgiving morning in the kitchen. Mom cooked various dishes to take with us to dinner. Charlie and I made apple pie. I wanted to make sure that there would be a dairy free dessert for me to be thankful for. Once again, I enjoyed watching my grandfather with Abigail. His love for her and the joy he finds in her was obvious. My heart was filled to bursting. I don't get to see my Kentucky often, but it's always enjoyable.

Friday was a good day. Charlie and I spent a little while shopping while Abigail took a long nap in the loving arms of her Bop. I'm not sure which one enjoyed it more. We spent the day relaxing and enjoying time together.

The break was wonderful. I got to have some time with my extended family as well as my husband and daughter. Both of whom I hadn't had enough time with in the last few days.

How do I count my blessings. They are more bountiful than the stars. God has given me so much. Now it's my chance to enjoy and be thankful and share. God is so good.
Th

No comments:

Post a Comment