Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Praying for Peace

This week marks the end of the wonderful summer vacation we teachers get to enjoy. It has been fabulous. THe time with my little girl has been so blessed. My heart is already beginning to hurt as I think about having to leave her to go back to school. All my mommy fears are returning. Right now she is quite the mommy's girl. Will she forget me when she is away from me so much? Will I still be the one she looks to for comfort? Will we build a strong relationship when I am away from her more than I am with her? These questions might sound stupid to some, but to a working mom they are true fears from the heart. Last year I was still nursing all the time, so I had the connection and knew that I was the only who could provide that for her. That part of our lives will be ending soon.

I have been praying for peace for my heart. God is greater than our hearts and he knows everything. He knows each fear listed, plus those that I won't even admit out loud. He knows that my heart hurts, and he hurts with me. God also knows that my child is in wonderful caring hands. She won't lack for anything. She will be showered with love and attention. My heart knows that, but ....God will take care of me. He will give me strength and endurance. He is the God of peace and all comfort. My God is bigger than all my troubles.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 4

"To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious prescence without fault adn with great joy, to the only god our savior be flory, majesty, power and authority through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen"
Jude
That verse found me shorty after our miscarriage. I knew that God was the only one keeping me from falling. It remains true throughout life.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." PHillipians 4

I am so thankful for every minute that I have had with my sweet daughter this summer. It has been such a blessing that I know not all working mothers get. My favorite thougth here is the word guard. I picture God placing a little peace soldier at the door of my heart to knock out the fear and hurt that come my way. God is guarding my heart.

"I sought the Lord and he answered me. He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. Taste and see that Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. " Psalm 34

The Lord is good. My prayer is that he will be my refuge, He will be what I seek to be my strength. God is so good.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting such a difficult thing ... i never thought it would be easy but i never imagined how hard it would be to leave every day and the intense emotion i would feel every single day when i pick up him on my way home ... stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete