Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost There

Four days stand between me and freedom. I am looking so forward to this break. I am longing for the extra time with my husband and daughter. What I look forward to most is spending time sitting on the floor surrounded by toys and animal books pointing to the tiger, and elephant while making the noises. For two weeks, I get to be the one to get my daughter up and dressed in the mornings. I look forward to watching a movie with Charlie by the light of the Christmas tree all snuggled on the couch. We'll have time to sit with our daughter and play, all together. Extra sleep is also on the wish list for the time out of school. I want to cook and bake. My house is going to get cleaned. For a few minutes at least we won't look like a tornado has just blown through. Four days, four days four days, This week it seems so long. Next week those same four days will fly. So my mantra for the rest of this week is I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. AFter all the reward waiting at the end in the form of family is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment