Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Abigail was teaching him how to use the iPhone.
Nothing like a daddy's lap

Cheese!!!

This may be one of my favorite pictures ever. This is a common scene in our house, but I love what it shows.



I was very blessed to grow up with a great Father. He's also a great Dad. He has always given of himself to take care of our family. I remember many night growing up that he came home to eat with the family, but after we went to bed, he went back to work and stayed till all hours of the night. I'm not sure he ever slept. He worked hard to make sure that we have always had what we needed. he made sure to find ways to come to ball games, school programs, and other events that we were involved in. My dad is man of God who has been a good example to me of what a dad and husband should be.


It shouldn't be a big surprise that I picked a husband who shares some of my dad's qualities. Both are great dads, and love to play. They both find teasing me to be a great hobby. Both men can make me laugh when I need it. Growing up, I always felt safe with my dad. I knew that I needed to find a husband that provided same feeling, and I did. Both of these men have blessed my life so much.


Since Abigail was born, I have loved watching Charlie be a Daddy and my Dad be a grandfather. They both obviously love that little girl, and she is quite taken with them. The pictures above show these two being who they are and being the dads that god planned them to be. I thank my heavenly Father for putting these two men in my life to share and show the love He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment