Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Break!!

While Charlie was hard at work in Haiti, Abigail and I were playing hard with my family in Tennessee. We drove Charlie, his dad, and another friend from church to Atlanta to meet up with their ride to the aiport. We dropped Daddy off at 5:30 am and headed north to Franklin. Needless to say, I was beat by the time we arrived. It was good to have grandparents ready to play with a baby who was wide awake since she had slept through the drive. We had a nice lazy day at my parents house just hanging out.



Sunday was of course Easter. Getting my little bunny all dressed up was fun. She looked beautiful if I do say so myself. She wore a dress that was her Christmas present from my aunt and my grandfather who recently passed away. It was special to have her wear something with a story for her first EAster. The day was wonderful filled with family, food, and fun. My neice hunted eggs and brought them to Abigail who was obviously too small to find them herself. Although she was great at chewing on them. It was a wonderful day to be with family.

The rest of the week was filled with time with my sister, neice, mom, dad and daughter. We got to play at the park, have a picnic, let the girls "swim" in a kiddie pool and just hang out. The extended time with my family was wonderful. I miss them since I live in a different place. It also helped distract me some from the fact that my husband was far away.

One of the best parts of the week for me was just getting time to play with Abigail. I was with her all day for a week. I did take a few minutes for myself and had some me time. I miss my daughter so much while I'm at work, but this week I felt so good getting to get her dressed, feed her all her meals, love on her all the time. Another great part of the week was not being in a hurry all the time. I had the chance for long showers, sitting around, finishing a book, sitting in the sun, taking longs walks, etc. All these are things that are hard to find time for these days. Working full time and being a full time wife and mother doesn't leave much time for doing nothing. Now with the spring break teaser over, I'm longing for summer and the fun it will bring.

We had a fabulous week ending with picking up Charlie at the airport. That may have been the highlight. It was good to have my man home with me again. The pictures are out of order, but still fun.



My neice LOVES stickers and used Abigail for her art project. One of these stickers was eaten somehow, and yes it came through whole.

My mom giving Abigail a bath in the kitchen.

Cousins hanging out in the kitchen. Abigail actaully looks like she's trying to make a funny face.

Mommy and Baby on Easter

Playing in the kiddie pool. We boiled water to add the water from the hose, so they didn't freeze.

Swinging at hte park near our house before spring break.

Opening her Easter basket from her grandparents.

Chewing on the toy is a good sign that she likes it.

Posing with Granddaddy

All dressed up

Napping after a long and fun week.













No comments:

Post a Comment