Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer is Here!!

Today I am reminded of why I am teacher. Summer!!!!! Just kidding that is only one reason that I enjoy being a teacher, but right now it's a forefront of my mind. I am glad that this school year is over. It wwas very difficult to go back and leave Abigail. That won't be any easier to do when August does roll around again, but I will be armed with the proof and knowledge that my daughter knows and loves me. She knows that I am her mother despite me being gone from her so much. The next 10 weeks will be fully enjoyed and fully valued. This time with my family is so precious, so this temporarily stay at home mom is going LIVE IT UP!! There will be trips to the park and the pool, walks outside, playtime at home, as many cuddles and snuggles as Abigail will allow, and just time together. This will be a time to treasure. Being a teacher has many blessing rolled into it. Right now, I am truly thankful that I have this beautiful gift of summer. Three hours until it officially begins... Can I make it?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Rachel, I had no idea you had a blog. I love it! So glad to be able to keep up with ya'll! Abigail is sooo precious! Enjoy your extra time with her this summer :)

    ReplyDelete