Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blessings

In the spring I wrote a couple blog posts about blessings that I wwas really feeling. Now I am feeling the need to do that again. My life is so incredibly blessed. God has given me so much, but for some reason I still tend to get down on things at times. I get down on me, and forget about
riches he has so lavishly poured out on me. So here's the run down from right now.


  • I had a long conversation with a friend at work. We are very different in our beliefs, places in life, ages, etc. but found so many places where we are on the same page. Finding out that others feel the same way that I helps. It's nice to not be alone. Since she does have a few extra years experience on me, she has wisdom to pass down, but is not pushy with it at all.

  • God is working, and I know it. I truly believe that he has his hand actively involved in several things right now. I'm not sure what he's planning, but I know He's doing something.

  • Work is much better this year than last. My colleagues are great. My students are pleasant and fun to teach. They have a LOT to learn, but I enjoy them. We have a new program starting up that is going to require a good amount of work for us, but the start date has gotten pushed back which gives us a a little more room to breathe without the new added pressure.
  • My daughter is learning new things all the time. She's changing constantly which is hard when I feel like I'm missing so much, but it's amazing to watch her. It's almost like she changes right before my eyes.
  • My husband patiently listened to me tearfully trying to explain some feelings that I didn't quite have the right words for. He helped me by listening and loving and trying to understand even when I didn't exactly know what it was I was trying to say.
  • I had an extra day off this week to enjoy my life.
  • This will be my 6th week of keeping up with my exercise goal. We are talking morning running here. I even increased my speed and time. Yes, I'm a beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment