Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Special Girl

I could probably fill up several posts about my sweet girl. She totally amazes me on a daily basis. Being her mom is one of the greatest pleasures of my life. She has brought so much joy and fun to my life. Of course being a mom has it's definite challenges too, but those seem to be outweighed by the joy.

I call her my joy spreader. That's the job God has given her for right now, and she does it so well. She spreads smiles everywhere we go. It makes me so proud to be her mom. We get comments about her smile and eyes from strangers on a regular basis. We say that we need to find a way to make some money off this kid.

She is changing all the time. She walks everywhere. So many people warned me about how she would be into everything once she started walking. She's been into everything for so long now that I don't really notice a change now that she's only on two feet.

Abigail can now point out noses. She can show where hers is and most peoples when she wants to do it. She knows what a puppy says. When we say Go Dawgs, she responds with woo woo. She's already a UGA fan when she wants to. My sweet girl is very loving. We ask for "loves" and most of the time she lays her head on us or hugs us around the neck. Recently she has started giving kisses. Let me tell you, you've never had a kiss quite like it. Her kisses are open mouth right smack on the nose. Sometimes she uses her tongue, and every now and then her teeth. It's always quite slobbery, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Her grin lights up her whole face and my whole world. I miss her terribly everyday when I'm away from her, but I enjoy my precious time with her so much. Yesterday she cried everytime I left the room. It's hard on Daddy, but it makes me feel good to be reminded that she does love her mommy. She knows love her too, even though I'm away during her days.

I could go on and on, but I'll end it here. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful child. I couldn't ask for anything better.
The end of the birthday cake
The first bite

Climbing into the toy basket. She's a wild one


family shot before the party

Posing with her new birthday wagon





1 comment:

  1. Abigail is absolutely beautiful! :-) I know it must be so hard being away from her during the days but I just know you are an incredible mother to your sweet child!

    chelsea

    ReplyDelete